How to Sell Our New and Exclusive Oakley Team Issue Collection
e’re thrilled to announce that Oakley has developed a brand-new athletic line of apparel exclusively made for S&S Activewearand our customers. These products aren’t even available anywhere else on the planet! If you’re outfitting sports teams, merchandising gyms or even just looking for something new and premium in the performance apparel space, you’ll want to check these styles out.
Primarily focused on competitive club sports and high school teams, this new premium “Team Issue” collection falls under Oakley’s “athlete essentials” category, which is meant to meet the demands of competitive youth training, practice and travel across multiple sports all year-round.
It boasts a total of eight styles, developed with Oakley technology that helps keep athletes and other wearers dry and performing at their best. We’re currently launching this line with nine core team colors to give the team dealer market a fully merchandised set to work with.
Bringing up this new “Team Issue” collection is a great way to start a conversation that’ll get your clients adding more premium styles to their athletic orders. So, let’s prepare you with everything you’ll need to know about it for your next presentation.
Who Should You Be Pitching Oakley’s Team Issue Line To?
With comfortable hoodies, joggers and shorts, along with long and short sleeve tech tees, this new “Team Issue” line offers a little something for everyone in an athletic department.
However, it’ll also fit into many athleisure and wellness initiatives in both corporate and consumer channels, as it includes higher-end polos and quarter-zip pullovers. Gyms are also another perfect fit for this collection, as it offers them a way to add a global retail brand recognition to their performance merch.
Oakley Is All About the Details
If clients are looking for an elevated performance brand for their needs, Oakley is definitely the one for them. Quality is what really makes this brand stand out and their attention to detail is present in all of their apparel, bags and eyewear collections you’re seeing so many pro-athletes trusting in.
The Team Issue performance tops and bottoms are no different, as they’re made using Oakley’s exclusive O-Hydrolix technology – a special performance fabric that breathes and wicks sweat away to ensure all-day dry comfort for wearers.
Each style within the collection also features a raised silicone Oakley Ellipse logo, an Oakley logo locker patch with an option of placing an athletes numbers or initials on and discreet reflective details on each style.
How Does It Fit?
This collection is made for athletic builds, so it’s cut a little closer to the body, making these styles great for wearing during training sessions. If you’re looking for a retail branded athletic tee that’s roomier, you may need to size up with this line on the tops offered. Bottoms have a traditional fit.
If you’re planning on using this outside of the team space, we could encourage you to order a sample so you can test out the fit.
See It Decorated on Decoration Myths
Tips to Pitch the Oakley Team Issue Line
If you’re a distributor or a decorator who wants to pitch this exciting collection to your clients, here are my top three tips:
1. The Oakley Athlete Essentials - Team Issue line is a complete collection. Wth eight styles in nine colors, these pieces were designed to complement each other, rather than being a mix of several styles from existing collections to make one. This line allows you to start small and add styles by season, while staying true to color and styling.
2. S&S Activewear exclusively services this line. We stock the popular apparel pieces and bags nationwide, and we ship your orders the same day and in full. That way, your clients will get exactly what they need, fast, especially during busy sports seasons, especially with “fill-ins”. This will be a great selling point, especially with the supply chain and inventory issues everyone’s experiencing.
3. Oakley has a global appeal. Known, loved and trusted as a quality sports performance brand with a worldwide reach, your clients will be excited to see you presenting this exclusive gear. This Oakley line appeals to both team and corporate channels – a refreshing, new approach to selling.
Bring On the Bags
Our Oakley bag collection for 2022 of 24 styles easily complements the Athlete Essentials line. A few standouts that fit nicely into the team space include the following:
1. 50L Utility Duffel Bag: This is the ultimate travel bag (less than 22” for an easy travel carry on) to tote everything you need for travel with a weekend of sports. This duffel is stacked: a large internal pocket with zipper closure and three internal stash side pockets; three external stash side pockets; and two large zipper closure side pockets with reflective pocket trim and pull tabs. The duffel offers three easy carrying options – use it as a tote with its two convenient carrying handles, shoulder carry, or unlock the concealed backpack straps to carry it as a backpack.
2. 5L Travel Pouch: This is the ultimate utility bag to complement any piece of travel gear. Use the 5L Travel Pouch as a toiletry kit, charging cord storage or a snack bag. The bag features an internal organizer panel, a top carry handle and the Oakley logo on the front.
3. 23L Nylon Backpack: The 23L is a great, affordable student backpack. The water-repellent pack holds most 15” laptops and has adjustable padded straps for easy carrying. They’ll love the original 1975 Oakley B1B logo featured on the external pocket.
4. 22L Dry Bag: Another great adventuring bag, the 22L is breathable, waterproof and windproof – and is designed to protect all your belongings from the elements. Features a sling-style strap and a screen-printed Oakley Ellipse logo.
5.55L Gym to Street Duffel Bag: This traditional duffel bag is designed to go places with you all day long and survive the test of time. The bag’s abrasion-resistant construction provides lasting durability. There’s plenty of room for all your gear, plus a front organizer pocket, side pocket with fleece-lined interior pocket for everything else. After your workout, use the large side pocket to stow your shoes or dirty gym clothes. Dual handles and a removable, adjustable air mesh shoulder strap provide multiple carrying options, depending on your mode.